Whenever you use a new computer for eBooks from an OverDrive-powered site, you will be prompted to ‘Authorize’ Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). To enjoy eBooks on additional computers or devices, be sure to authorize each one with the same Adobe ID. You may authorize up to 6 devices.
Note: These instructions are for ADE 2.0. Please make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version before continuing.
What you need
- Adobe Digital Editions installed on your Windows or Mac computer
Authorize your computer
- If you aren’t prompted to authorize ADE the first time you open it, you can go to Help > Authorize Computer (if you have not already authorized).
- If you have an Adobe ID, enter it along with your password.
- If you do not have an Adobe ID, click Create an Adobe ID to make one on Adobe’s website.
Once you’re done, return to the ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ dialog box and enter your Adobe ID and password.
- Click Authorize. Your computer is now authorized with your Adobe ID.